I am putting down some resources for language learning that helped me get more familiar (mainly with Portuguese and Spanish).
- Street Smart Brazil – Awesome blog with Video lessons and insights into Brazilian culture. They also do Skype lessons
- Fluent in 3 Months – How to speak Portuguese as if you were from Rio – Interesting posts on how to speak more like a Carioca (a person from Rio) – if that’s what you want.
- Book: Colloquial Portuguese of Brazil 2 (Colloquial Series) – I really liked this one
- Book: Ein Brasilianer in Berlin – Um Brasileiro em Berlin – Book in German and Portuguese by João Ribeiro about his time in Berlin (not recommended for beginners)
- Youtube Channel: 5inco Minutos – She’s not really discussing science but if you want to improve your listening then this might be the right channel (if you can stand the topics ;-))
- Agency: lernenundhelfen.de (German) – I used this agency to arrange a 5 week stay in Rio with a guest family and individual classes in 2012. Part of their program is to also donate to a local social project which you will get to know personally during your stay – worth it!
- dicionarioinformal.com.br – An informal dictionary for Brazilian Portuguese
- Conjuga-me – Online conjugation
- Brazilpod – Website with online videos and subtitles on various subjects.
Moreover there is a heap of Brazilian movies available online (esp. Youtube).
On an unrelated note: brazilianfoodguide.com is a nice starting point for getting to know the Brazilian food a little better.
- Instituto Andalusí, Malaga – I stayed here 5 weeks for group and individual lessons